Thursday, August 27, 2015

Deload Deads - Learn to Sumo

August 27, 2015
Before Supper
BW 261.0#

Deload. Figured while on my deload I may as well start with a couple form changes for my next cycle; sumo and hook grip. Never done a lot of sumo in the past and my main cue is to try and tea-bag the bar. As for hook grip I don't think I've done much of it for a couple of years but I know my last deadlift PR's were with a hook.

I worked up until my last two work sets using the hook then went to the straps. First time in ages for these as well. I tried a reverse grip pull for my second rep of my first set and it felt like crap. Thumbs are nice and numb now anyways and are getting a little colour under the nails.

Sumo Deads
135 x 3 x 3r
225 x 2
315 x 2
365 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 5 x 2r

T-bar Rows
135 x 30

Band GM's
HY x 30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3XB0QOKZbc

No comments:

Post a Comment