Thursday, January 8, 2015

W5 - Squat "Heavy"

January 8, 2015
Before Supper

Low back is still pumped..... One thing about this program (well a couple of things); I'm not liking flipping around exercises so much and without getting enough volume prior to switching anyways.

Today is supposed to be my heavy squat day which only called for 3 sets of doubles at 85%. I'm no expert but 6 total reps at that percentage isn't going to do it for me. Granted I pulled back and based everything off of a training max but still. The other main squat sets on this day are insufficient for me to really feel good about the workout. I'd rather kill the competition lift then get some assistance on lagging body parts but this seems a guy's hitting the first 2 assistance exercises basically the same and not even hitting the lower threshold of Prilipin's chart.

Anywho I'm in about that 80% range so I just wanted some good work their then back off of lifts that'd aggravate my back and then call it.

Squat
45 x 5 x 3r
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 2
365 x 1
405 x 6 x 3r

B Squat
40# x 3 x 12r - Need more unilateral work as the left is lagging.

McGill Pull-up
BW+10# x 7r

Bunch of 135# Baby Inch picks and 40# blob hops between sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment