Friday, August 30, 2013

Bench & Pulls

August 30, 2013
Early Afternoon

First day back from holidays. Back is still a little niggled and today was my first scheduled pull day since I gimped it up two weeks ago. I just got a bit of volume in the 55-65% range working on perfect form with sumo. I went with sumo as it's a tad easier to lock my back position and not have to worry about rounding which would really aggravate things again.

The reverse grip bench is also feeling good. My biceps and elbows are feeling great so this may just be the ticket to keep benching and armwrestling. I just need to remember the focus to drive through with my thumbpads.

1) Reverse Grip Bench Press
WU to 270 x 3 x 3r
215 x 10, 9

2) Sumo Deadlift
WU to 315 x 3
365 x 5 x 3r

3) Front Squat
WU to 185 x 2 x 10r

No comments:

Post a Comment