Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Re-evaluation Day

March 27, 2013

Well last week I started the Carb Night diet and also the standard Ed Coan program so I could start getting some work back in with a bit less volume than I was hitting.

I fired it up based on 100% of my 1RM last Thursday for press day and it was tough. Today I went back at it as it was supposed to be a repeat of last week but I just didn't have the gas/strength to even hit my reps from last week. Right around now my body should be converting to burning ketones so I think during this switch, lack of sleep, stress, etc. really made itself known today.

Thinking more about it I've got to many things working against me to make the progress as laid out using 100%. Caloric deficit, still stressed, no carbs, no PED's, etc. From here on I'll go with using 90% of my 1RM. This should still put 5# on my bench, etc. and be a lot more reasonable in this state.

No grip due to jacking up my finger the other day but I may do some AW stuff later.

Only showing work sets

1) Bench Press
235 x 8+1r
225 x 9

2) CG Bench Press
205 x 7
185 x 10

3) Incline DB Press
80e x 2 x 8r

4) Side Laterals
25e x 12, 10

5) Front Plate Raise
45 x 12, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment