Sunday, December 9, 2012

Starting a Handstrength Cycle

December 9, 2012
Morning

Well let's see how this goes. Prepping for Aaron Corcorran's Arizona Grip Shootout in mid March so I figured I should at least plan this comp. out a bit better than in the past. I'm going to do some periodization with the goal of peaking for the comp. Right now I'm starting the first block with the intent of building up my base strength again.

1) Guillotine Gripper - Explosive with a hold - Implement is ~18# - All weights just plate
50 x 5
75 x 1
85 x 1
95 x 1
100 x 1
105 x 1 - Right was still okay but the left was lagging so I'll start here as a 1RM to work from
65% 70# x 5 x 8r

2a) Homemade TTK
10 x 8

2b) Tabletop Curl w/Manus
55 x 10/15 - Fhaak! Left was feeling really good but this is definitely something that makes my right arm want to punch me right in the beets. Stopped there and took some ibu. Didn't feel like any more TTK after that either. Damn that hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment