Friday, September 28, 2012

Some 80% Pulls and Yesterdays Gripping

September 28, 2012
Noon

Well I felt pretty damn good yesterday considering the hour plus of table work. I ended up fiddling around with my heavy hammer, some bands and other stuff I won't name. At the end of it I figured I may as well start some gripper work again. Bad idea. I warmed up and did my first work set of 5 reps with 75% and about a minute after I was done I had searing pain through both biceps and elbows. Similar to when I was really pushing the Vulcan or doing to much reverse bending. A bunch of ibu and Voltarin later and i was comfortable enough to raise my arms. Fhak I haven't had that happen in ages.

Anyways today my elbow pits are a little tender but not bad. Did some 80% pulls and a little assistance work to get ready to start next weeks cycle on up again. With the ab wheel I only did about half a set as my elbows were feeling a little "off".

1) Deadlift - CV
Double Overhand
135 x 5, 5
225 x 2
315 x 1
405 x 1
Switched to an alternate grip. I wanted to do them all DO today but my grip didn't feel that secure with the 405 and I want my thumbs to heal a bit from hooking. The first two sets I did with the left supinated which is my typical AG and switched to the right supinated to give my arms a change and balance.
450 x 5 x 1r

2) SLDL - Strapped
225 x 20

3) Ab Wheel
BW x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment