Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Pressing

September 1, 2012
Noon

Nice little workout today to wrap up week 3. One more heavier week, recoup then push to see what I can do. I left the rings for the ring rows a bit higher to really work on a pump and to flush the muscles with blood. Holy crap that worked well lol! The first 3 sets I pulled lower and really engaged the lats and the 4th I pulled higher to work the upper back, They really work well to isolate whatever specific area you want to hit.

I couldn't believe how heavy the pin presses felt off of the go and obviously I set the pin at the right height. Very awkward and hard to get a strong reversal there. I started these sets out of the J hooks and gently sat the barbell onto the pins and tried to explode from there for each rep. Tough.

The Rolling Thunder work is still going well and the progress so far is lineal. It'll be interesting if it stays like this throughout the whole cycle but I doubt it.

Bench Press
45 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
275 x 1
300 x 5 x 1r

Rolling Thunder - Done between the first 4 bench warm up sets
54 x 10
115 x 3 x 15r - I'll add one more warm-up set next week

Ring Rows - Done between the first 4 bench work sets
BW x 4 x 25r - Massive back pump

Pin Presses - Hole 11
315 x 2 x 3r
325 x 2 x 2r

Homemade TTK - Done between the pin press sets
8.75 x 3 x 10r

No comments:

Post a Comment