Saturday, May 26, 2012

My New Rogue Westside Bar

I received this bar a couple of days ago and really like it so far. Also i the pictures is my regular Rogue bar which I'll typically use for pulls and cleans. I also wanted to highlight the differences in knurling between the bars. The Westside with its more aggressive (but comfortable) pattern and the Rogue bar with its Pendley knurling (great for pulls; very easy to grip but wont shred your hands).

If you want to know more about this bar just post in the comments.

Links:








2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Have you noticed that the Westside Power Bar has less flex/bounce while doing squats than the Rogue Bar?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to based on it's strength but I find it hard to find a difference in regards to "whippyness". I find them both around medium stiffness. The Westside bar is a tad thicker and has pretty aggressive knurling though. I had to tape up the centre knurling with some hockey tape as it was chewing up my back.

      You can also take a look at some of my recent squat videos and see how much bounce there is.

      Delete