Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fun in the Sun - Log Bar and Atlas Stones

April 21, 2012
After lunch

Well today was the first nice Saturday that I had some time to myself this year so I decided to do some strongman stuff for my assistance work. The log bar felt really strong and I don't think it'll be much to push up a bunch more weight with it relatively quickly. The cleans were super easy.

This was also the first time out with the stones since 2010 so I was really stoked to get after them. That 250 stone is just freaking to slick for me at the moment so I tacked up and did a few lifts with it.

I love this whole other sensation of working with this stuff. It sure hits the whole body good.

1) Log Bar
Long Cycle
155 x 3, 3

Short Cycle
185 x 1, 2, 3
195 x 3
205 x 2

2) Atlas Stones - High Pulls
166 x 3, 3
195 x 1, 1
Tack 250 x 1, 1, 1

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like lifting outside when you can. Love stone work. Good shit Jason. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. Nothing quite hits the body like the log bar/stone combo. Thick bar should be fun tomorrow lol

      Delete