Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Evening: Bench, Axle Rows and the WD

February 14, 2012
Before Supper

1a) Bench Press - Med Grip
45 x 5
155 x 5
255 x 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

1b) Axle Row - Pendley
123 x 5
213 x 7, 7, 7, 7, 7

2) Wrist Developer - Orange - Wrist Specific & Seated
L4 x 10, 10

Feeling a bit oogy. Probably crapped half my bodyweight right prior to my workout due to a pre-workout caffeine reaction. My neck is also a bit tight from my lunchtime presses.

Bench continues to go up. Tonight's volume night went up another rep easy per set so I'll add some weight again next Tuesday. I'm also working on Rex's advice and speeding up my descent a bit to see if it helps take some strain off of my biceps. It'll take a little bit to get coordinated with the added speed.

Axle rows felt light and so they should, grip was easy. I'll probably add 20 pounds next time.

Figured I wanted to hit the wrists a bit without putting a bunch of strain on my elbows so I just did some light very wrist specific work with the WD. I think it may be beneficial to do something like this four or more times a week on top of my max bends.

No comments:

Post a Comment