Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bench and a bit of Gripper

February 25, 2012

1a) Bench Press - Pinkie on rings
45 x 10
155 x 5
235 x 3, 3
275 x 1
295 x 1
315 x 1
300 x 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
205 x 13

1b) Vulcan V2 - MMS - Black
L3 x 5
L10 x 3, 3
Right L14 x 1, 1
Left L12 x 1, 1

I didn't have time to get in any kind of big workout today and yesterday I couldn't as I was on the road all day for work. Today was also my second crack at the wider grip. I'm not sure if I like it at I can feel it in my shoulders a bit. The last couple of sets I went to a thumbs width from the smooth and it seemed to feel a bit better. Another thing that I should've fixed right off the start that I didn't until towards the end was to drop the J hooks. Using the wider grip I lose about an inch for unracking and I fumbled with a few sets getting it out. I'm sure the 315 would've went much easier than it did but I lost my tightness and had to replant and grab my air again after the bar was unracked.

Grippers I terminated a bit early as my elbows were starting to bug me from the setting and I didn't want to bugger up my bench for the day.

Another point of interest is that I've basically confirmed that there's no strength loss doing shoulder pressing prior to bench. If there would be I'd have noticed some pretty significant gains these last two Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment