Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 2 - Max Effort Day

January 20, 2011
 
BW: 255.6#
 
Well I'm still moving up to find where about I'm sitting for a 3 rep max. My forearms and hands are still a bit fatigued from Tuesdays pinching even as I write this. Those couple of higher rep sets without regrips are pretty taxing.
 
Squat
45 x 5
135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
350 x 3
 
Squats are still feeling pretty good but I can definitely start feeling some effort at doing them, the mental game begins!
 
Bench Press
45 x 10
135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
255 x 2 + one less than an inch from lockout. I found myself crawling out from under the safety pins for the first time in ages hahaha! Damn it was close. My lockout and rack hooks are only about an inch difference with this set-up. If I was in my other rack I could've at least placed the bar back.
 
I think I lost a tad due to my tetanus shot the other day, my deltoid is a bit tender from it.
 
I never bothered with doing power cleans as my low back and forearms are pretty pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment